Students design and make products from a variety of materials, solve practical problems and learn to work safely in a workshop environment. Students move through different areas and complete work using Electronics, Computer Aided Design and Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAD/CAM), Digital Technologies, Wood, Sheet Metal.
Cut two lengths of Tinned Copper wire 180mm long, then cut those into six 60mm lengths.
Arrange these in a grid pattern on the soldering iron work bench. Taping down with masking tape, making sure the wires are touching before beginning.
Solder the 9 joints.
Present these to the teacher for stress testing and feedback on technique.
Written task - Language of ElectronicsPrint out this sheet and write the answers by hand, make sure your name is on it and hand it to your teacher.
YOUR TASK 1:
You are to solder an RGB LED to a CR2032 'button' battery holder.
Be sure to get the LED pins in the correct polarity.
Watch this video of how to solder the RGB LED to the button battery to make your light sabre!
YOUR TASK 2: - Engraved image for LED glow frame.
1. Find a suitable image or text on the internet or create your own. It needs to be a simple image with not too much detail. See the example images provided as a guide. It must fit within 150mm x 150mm.
2. The image needs to be saved as a Bitmap file type (.BMP)To make it easy for your teacher, please size the image to fit a 150mm x 150mm box and save the file as ‘your name’.bmp and place a copy in your teacher’s ‘submissions folder’ found on the network. For example - S:\MAGNUSSON\8 DESIGN & TECHNOLOGY (8TECB)
(Use Paint, Inkscape, Photoshop or any other program that will enable you to 'save as' a bitmap.)
3. Solder your USB cable to the LED strip as instructed by the video below.
4. Stick the LED strip to your 'base' timber supplied and hot glue the wires to the wood.
5. Glue your top timbers overlapping the LED strip making sure you use an acrylic spacer.
6. Watch a demonstration on using a tenon saw and disc sander, then do the Disc sander quiz.
7. Sand and paint/varnish your block.
The video below is the guide to soldering your LED strip to the USB cable.
Discuss social engineering and how it is very dangerous. Some examples
AC - Define and decompose real-world problems taking into account functional requirements and economic, environmental, social, technical and usability constraints (ACTDIP027)
Artificial Intelligence - Things you probably didn't know about -
My wife asked me why I spoke so softly in the house?
I said I was afraid that Mark Zuckerberg was listening!
She laughed, I laughed, Alexa laughed and Siri laughed.
Psychographics is a qualitative methodology used to describe/targetconsumers on psychological attributes. Psychographics have been applied to the study of personality, values, opinions, attitudes, interests, and lifestyles. This is what large corporations and governments use to psychologically trick you into purchasing something or believing lies.